Handing of personal information
(Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection)
(1) Acquisition of personal information
DIMENSION will acquire personal information to the extent necessary for business purposes in a lawful and fair manner, after taking sufficient security control measures.
(2) Purpose of use of personal information
DIMENSION will use the personal information obtained for the provision of the services incidental or related to the following operations and not for any other purpose.
- i) Formation, operation and management of funds, etc.
- ii) Acquisition, holding and sales of securities, etc.
- iii) Sales and marketing operations related to companies and individuals who are potential investment targets.
- iv) Management and technology-related consulting services for portfolio companies.
- v) Operations related to confirming the contents of and responding to inquiries, etc.
- vi) Other operations to facilitate appropriate performance of transactions with customers.
Any changes to the above purposes of use shall be made only to the extent that they are reasonably deemed to be relevant, and in the event of such changes, DIMENSION will, in principle, notify the individual in writing or otherwise, or publicly announce the details on its website (URL), or similar means.
(3) Security control measures for personal data
To prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal data handled by DIMENSION, and in other respects to otherwise safely manage personal data, DIMENSION shall take all due security measures, including the establishment of rules for handling and implementation systems related to security controls. DIMENSION shall also take the necessary and appropriate measures to ensure that systems are accurate and up-to-date, and in the event that a problem occurs, DIMENSION shall promptly take appropriate corrective measures.
(4) Provision of personal data to third parties and the acquisition of personal data from third parties
When providing data to third parties DIMENSION shall not provide personal data to third parties without obtaining the identifiable person’s consent, except in the following cases:
- i) cases based on laws and regulations,
- ii) cases in which there is a need to protect the life, wellbeing, or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the identifiable person,
- iii) cases in which there is a special need to improve public hygiene or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the identifiable person, and
- iv) cases in which there is a need to cooperate with a national government body, local government, or person entrusted thereby with performing the functions prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the identifiable person is likely to interfere with the performance of those functions.
Furthermore, when personal data is provided to a third party or acquired from a third party, DIMENSION shall confirm the details to the provision or acquisition, and record and store the name of the recipient, provider, etc., and other items required by law.
(5) Handling of sensitive information
DIMENSION shall not acquire, use or provide to third parties any sensitive information (including information about race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, the fact of having suffered damage by a crime, etc.), or information about a person’s labor union membership, family origins and domicile, health care and medical records, and sex life (hereafter collectively referred to as “sensitive information”), except as where required under stipulations in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, or other laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Please direct any inquiries to the contact details described below. Please note that DIMENSION will only respond after first confirming that the person making the inquiry is the person in question.
【Contact for inquiries】
Established July 12, 2019